Over the years our Club has been associated with numerous projects, both here in the Mountains and overseas. Some of these have been through Rotary International, some associated in partnership with other Rotary Clubs, and many haver been the sole initiative of our Club. Over the years we have raised $'000s that has made an impact on communities and individuals. Not all projects are fundraisers, many are simply done to help those in need in our community. This is a cross section of projects since 2015-16 and those projects underway for this year.
- Perth to Sydney Bike Ride, with Rotarian Bob Montgomery who cycled some 3,500 kms raising some $48,000 for Motor Neurone Disease.
- In conjunction with Blackheath RC, we put on the stage show "Dead Men Talking" at Blackheath Community Hall, raising over $6,000 for local community needs.
- We again sponsored the Quilters Retreat, raising $4,000. This year we allocated the funds to Shelter Box towards the cyclone devastation in Fiji.
- Participated in RAWCS overseas projects through Rotarian Phill Isaacs, supplying computers and solar energy systems, to remote villages in Vanuatu and PNG.
- Our Club is actively involved with youth initiatives where Rotary have many programs. Working closely with high schools in the Mountains we sponsored students on development and leadership programs.
- We managed and promoted the "Come Out Swinging" concert. What a great night with the swing band and singers. We raised $11,000 from this event, which was equally shared between Motor Neurone Disease NSW and Huntingtons NSW.
- In April next year we will be launching our "Help The Homeless" Concert at Mountain Heritage Hotel in Katoomba.
- In May, we continue with the MND and HD fundraising with Bob Montgomery riding from Darwin to Perth.